Thursday, August 26, 2010

KEEP MOVING ON!

Ahoy there! I have posted this in my notes on facebook, and feel like re-posting it here :)

Determination is the key ingredient in living out our dreams. But some days it seems everything goes wrong.

At those moments when bad news come or my plans come to a screeching halt, my natural reaction is anger, fear, depression. Or I could say, if life were a movie, dark foreboding music would be playing in the background to heighten the already strong sense of impending doom!
And at those moments it is very easy for me to get condemned and believe to satan's lies : "You are going to fail. You are not good enough. This will never happen. You are loser. and so on...."

But today, God reminds me from Isaiah 26:3, it says "you will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You (God), whose thoughts are fixed on You (God)!"

I was like WOW! He read my mind perfectly..
Now I choose to take the thought captive and put the bad news in perspective. What's the worst scenario? Ans: Failure and inconvenience kinda stuff.. And so I ask, "Is God still in control?" Looking back to His faithfulness through my life journey and many verses that declare God is sovereign Lord or supreme Deity, I can say the obvious answer is yes! Then, I ask, "What help is available to me?" Well, I don't usually have a clue, But God is wise.
I'm afraid of failure. Honest!
But in saying what I said God is perfect and never fails. I may be without resources , but God created and owns everything. He owns my future and yours.


As I recall the truth about God and review His strength, I am forced to think thoughts beyond my own. That process helps me think differently.
New, better,and positive thoughts and options begin to appear as well as peace comes with the ability to think not with my own glasses but His.
He's just too good to be true.

God bless

No comments:

Post a Comment