Thursday, August 26, 2010

Reduce Me To Love

As you've noticed, I have taken my time to update my blog as of late tee-hee! :D
I don't really know how many loyal readers I have but I do hope with this writing will bring blessings into your day. So, I keep plugging along.


What's with the title?
H
ere the story goes, couple days ago, when I read my daily devotional, it led me questioning myself about the differences between a need and a want.
If you walk through a toy store, you will realize lots of children speak out their mantra: "But mom, I neeeeeeed that!"

So, what exactly is a need?

I looked up
need in the dictionary and learned that a need is a condition requiring supply or relief. To be honest, I found it was very hard for me to sort out things I need and things I want. I
have to admit that most of the time when I told God I neeeeeeded something, I was a lot like a child in a toy store. I just thought I needed it, I wanted my way, and got upset when I didn't get it. Selfish? Yes!

In the book of Acts, it says the church rallied to supply each other's needs : "They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need" (Acts 2:45). When I read this story, I was like WOW GOD! Even bending their own needs to accommodate other's needs. How did they do it? I believe they found the tru
e fulfillment in life while eliminating their selfishness. It's trully amazing. It makes me realize I really don't have that many "needs"!

God spoke very clearly that night and He began to soften my heart. He gave me compassion-the heartfelt desire to meet the needs of others first before my own. And my pray to God to reduce me to love to be able to reach the state of walking in love of others completely. He also assured me that He will supply my needs (and yours too) and He goes beyond that. He meets needs according to His riches and He owns it all!
Praise God!

1 comment: